We are currently looking for a Choir Director!
Northwest Barrie United Church is seeking a Choir Director who will encourage creativity and ensure that the music ministry is alive and inviting for our experienced, dynamic adult choir and the music programs for children and youth. Both choral leadership and piano experience are an asset. This individual will work directly with our Music Director to provide our music ministry.
In this role, the Choir Director is directly responsible for:
- the selection and provision of choral music in our services
- directing the adult choir, which rehearses weekly from September to June, on Thursday evenings, and performs at the service each Sunday morning. The rehearsal would be under the sole direction of the Choir Director, with the Music Director present Sunday morning before the service for warm-up and dress rehearsal. For Thursday rehearsals, pre-recorded accompaniments could be provided by the Music Director.
- ongoing leadership for children and youth music ministry
- extra music/special services (holidays)
- Experience in coaching singers and using vocal techniques to improve quality
- Piano skills an asset
- Capable of working with diverse range of musical skills and abilities
- Understanding of church calendar and background in church music an asset
- Dynamic and motivating personality
- Ability to work within a team
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
“As an affirming church…we welcome everyone, regardless of age, health, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, family diversity, ability, economic circumstances, religion, spiritual and ethnic background, into the life and work at Northwest Barrie United Church.”