- Strong interpersonal skills to include: an exceptional ability to listen, and a positive, welcoming attitude.
- A good working knowledge of computers: Quickbooks, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Experience in general office bookkeeping.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere to Northwest Barrie United Church
- Provides administrative support for the Unified Board.
- Works alongside the Minister for the administration of church business.
- Facilitates the smooth running of the administrative tasks of the Church. The Administrator is often the first point of contact of pastoral care to people.
- Coordinates facility usage with renters.
- Provides secretarial assistance for Ministry Personnel, Staff, Unified Board members, and Team members.
- Fulfills general office duties as needed.
- Since the Office Administrator is processing important data and money, a Criminal Records Check is required. Northwest Barrie United Church will pay for the check.
- It is mandatory that the Office Administrator maintain a high level of confidentiality and be knowledgeable of the policies of Northwest Barrie United Church.
Hours of work:
4 hours per morning, from 9 to 1 pm Monday to Friday.
Due to the nature of church life there are times when more hours may be required. This is offset by the quiet time in the summer when the office is open from Tuesday to Thursday only. There can also be flexibility with lieu time for extra hours worked.
Deadline for applications is Thursday February 6, 2020.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com